1. Jehovah's Witnesses are constantly told that God wants them obey the Governing Body because it's in the Bible. Matthew 24:45-51; the Watchtower says, 'The faithful and discreet slave today is represented by the Governing Body, ... The members of the Governing Body are experienced, spirit-anointed elders. ... Listening to the slave class means giving our full cooperation to its Governing Body.' Watchtower Magazine, Feb 15, 2009, Article: 'They “Keep Following the Lamb” ', par 17
2. Since 1985, Jehovah's Witnesses have been dedicating their life to Jehovah AND God's 'spirit directed organization', i.e. the Jehovah's Witnesses. (Jesus is not their only authority. Matthew 28:18) The second part of their baptismal vows says this, 'Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?'
3. Today we have governments and human rights groups who defend the freedoms of people. However Jehovah's Witnesses look forward to living forever on a paradise earth governed by Jehovah and 'His' organization. What will life be like when the entire world is controlled by the organization? Unless people are free, life in paradise is guaranteed to be eternal hell. If JW's are correct, the lucky ones will die at armageddon with no hope of a resurrection to life on earth.
5. Disfellowshipping. Is it the same as extortion? 1 Cor 6:10; Some say it is. Certainly it's manipulative. Basically it says this. You must obey us. If you do not, you will be shunned by your family and friends who are under our control. We will hold everyone you care about hostage until you publicly admit wrong doing and come back to us again. Watchtower April 15, 1988, Article: 'Discipline That Can Yield Peaceable Fruit'
5. The rules of the organization are outlined in the secret publication for Elders, 'Shepherd the Flock of God'
6. God created us in his image. Genesis 1:27; God is free. We are free. God is a creator. We are creators as well. God meant for us to create our own life and our own belief systems. World peace begins with individuals like you and me. We can ask God why he allows injustice, but he can ask us the very same question. Don't expect God or someone else to change the world if you are not willing to do your part. If you are currently serving the organization, Take Back Your Power.
6a. What are you doing for God? What are you doing to make our world a better place? If you're an unhappy JW, one thing you can do is use the internet to warn people about the emotional pain and suffering you've experienced because of religious control. The other thing you can do is to love everyone, - especially those who are not like you. Pray for Jehovah's Witnesses. Pray for the Governing Body. Pray for yourself. God loves you more than you can imagine. Pray for all people, regardless of their religion or lack thereof. Luke 7:27-41; Watch this inspirational video, What Rainbows Can Teach Us About God and Religion