If you're a Witness, do you notice the organization's manipulation and control? Or do you believe such statements are an apostate strategy to trick you into leaving 'God's organization'?
If you don't see how afraid everyone is about questioning the authority of the organization, now would be a good time to open your eyes and observe things you may not have noticed before.
Control and manipulation has no place in a loving relationship. Don't take our word for it. Do some research online or in books about abusive relationships. Read some psychology and mind control literature. What is an abusive relationship? What do all abusive relationships have in common? Why do people stay in abusive relationships? What can you do to break free?
Some Jehovah's Witnesses are waking up to the truth. As the organization tightens their grip, Witnesses are standing up and saying 'enough is enough'. Since they have no say in a 'theocratic government', they have only two choices. Stay in the organization and be unhappy with the control, or leave and be free to worship God directly as Jesus taught. Jesus said all authority is given unto him. Matthew 28:18; Christians do not worship God throguh obedience to humans. God is their only authority. That's why brave and faithful Witnesses are leaviing their religion.
1. Jehovah's Witnesses are not told that the organization requires obedience, even though everyone fears being disfellowshipped if they disobey. This is secret information available only to Witnesses who have been appointed to the position of Elder or higher. This policy and procedures manual, or rule book is not available to women and the majority of Witnesses. In a congregation of 100 people, there may only be 3 or 4 Elders. See highlights from the secret book for Elders only 'Shepherd the Flock of God' (If you're a JW and don't believe the book is secret, ask any Elder for a copy and see what they tell you.) The organization leads Jehovah's Witnesses to believe that GOD requires obedience in order to be saved. The truth is that the organization requires obedience, NOT God! We are saved by the grace of Jesus. If we are saved by our own righteous and keeping strict rules, Christ died in vain. Galations 2:21
2. Jehovah's Witnesses are expected to be humble and submissive. Their religious organization is the dominate partner. Unlike the submissive Witnesses, the leaders of the organization have assumed a supreme authority role and expect complete obedience. Rebellion against the organization is thought to be virtually the same as rebellion against God. They claim to be God's 'faithful and discreet slave class'. Watchtower June 15, 2009, Article: 'The Faithful Steward and It's Governing Body'. This means that only the 'anointed' Governing Body has a direct relationship with Jesus. Everyone else must come to the them to be saved. See Mediator
3. The organization expects 100% obedience. Everyone must believe everything the organization tells them. Being like minded is required. Independent thinking is discouraged. They control, manipulate and threaten with disfellowshipping and shunning.
4. A Jehovah's Witness would rather die than have a blood transfusion because the organization says blood transfusions violate God's law. According to Jesus if we try to save our life we will lose it. And if we lose our life for Jesus we will gain it. Matthew 10:39. However this does not apply to blood transfusions. No where in the Bible does it say that blood transfusions are wrong or that it's wrong to protect the gift of life God gave us. In fact critics provide Bible based evidence that refusing blood transfusions is contrary to the teachings of Jesus. See Blood Transfusions
10. This website is a labor of love for all Jehovah's Witnesses and their friends who are looking for spiritual and emotional healing. Thousands of hours have gone into it, in order to bless those who are searching for answers.