Seven Reasons Why It's Hard For Jehovah's Witnesses To Leave Their Religion.
- What it's like leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses religion.
- Seven reasons why it's so hard to leave and consider other Christian viewpoints.
If you haven't already noticed it's not easy to convert Jehovah's Witnesses to any other religion. Here's why.
- They are convinced they have the truth.
- They are convinced all other viewpoints are wrong.
- They are convinced all other religions are 'false' and from 'Satan'.
- They are convinced Jehovah will soon destroy everyone who doesn't belong to their religion. That's why the preaching work is so important to them. They want to 'save' everyone before the end of the world.
- Leaving their organization means their closest friends will no longer speak with them.
- Parents, children, brothers, sisters, cousins, ... are not allowed to speak with family members who leave the Watchtower Society. Exceptions are made for families who need to live together (such as a husband and wife or parent and an underaged child) and when important business matters need to be discussed. Unnecessary contact with disfellowshipped family is not allowed. Disobedience to this Watchtower law and challenging the authority of their church leaders, leads to disfellowshipping. For factual information see disfellowshipping.
- Attending another church is considered to be one of the worst things a Jehovah's Witness can do to displease Jehovah.